Tuesday, December 20, 2011

JOIN IN PROTECTIVE STYLING FOR THE WINTER!

HELLO!
   WINTER IS HERE! NOT THAT I AM THAT EXCITED HOWEVER, THIS TIME OF YEAR IS AWESOME! CHRISTMAS, MY BIRTHDAY, SO MANY LOVED ONES BIRTHDAYS AND PROTECTIVE STYLING! I MUST ADMIT, I LOVE FIGURING OUT HOW I AM GOING TO WEAR MY HAIR IN THE WINTER MONTHS BECAUSE IT ALLOWS ME TO BE CREATIVE! AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IN THE WINTER MONTHS WE  ALL HAVE TO GIVE OUR HAIR A LITTLE TLC! I WANTED TO EXTEND THE INVITE TO ALL OF MY READERS AND GIVE YOU ALL SOME GREAT IDEAS!
1) BUNS!
 I LOVE BUNNING MY HAIR! PUTTING YOUR HAIR IN A BUN ALLOWS YOUR ENDS TO BE PROTECTED FROM THE HARSH WINDS OF THE WINTER MONTHS. THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO BUN YOUR HAIR!





LATELY I HAVE BEEN WEARING THE MESSY BUN AND A NEW BUN TECHNIQUE THAT I LOVE WHICH IS THE PIN CURL BUN. I GOT THE IDEA FROM YOUTUBER MY PURE BEAUTY! 



2) BRAIDS OR TWIST
ALLOWING YOUR HAIR TO STAND IN BRAIDS OR TWIST ALLOWS YOUR HAIR TO REST FOR A WHILE. BECAUSE WINTER IS SO COLD, IT DRIES OUT ANYONE'S HAIR REALLY FAST. THIS STYLE WILL LOWER THE MANIPULATION OF THE HAIR BECAUSE IT IS SET! YOU CAN APPLY MINI BRAIDS OR TWIST, FRENCH BRAIDS, CORN ROWS, WHATEVER YOU DESIRE!



3)WIGS, EXTENSIONS, AND SATIN LINING! 
  I MYSELF AM NOT A VERY BIG WIG WEARER, HOWEVER, I HAVE STARTED WEARING EXTENSIONS THIS YEAR, AND I MUST SAY, IT HAS HELPED MY HAIR OUT A LOT! THIS ALLOWED MY HAIR TO REST AND RETAIN LENGTH AT THE SAME TIME! BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT APPLYING CHEMICALS TO YOUR HAIR, HEAT, OR MANIPULATING. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!



DURING THE WINTER MONTHS MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALL DEEP CONDITION ON A REGULAR BASIS, AND USE SATIN OR SILK WHILE YOU SLEEP AND INSIDE OF YOUR HATS AND HOODS!

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL LEARNED SOME NEW THINGS! HAVE FUN PROTECTING YOUR HAIR! 
~CRYSTAL

11 comments:

Style4Curves said...

Very informative
www.style4curves.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm in protective styling mode too! Gotta protect my hair :) I'll mostly be doing crochet braids, mini twists and I will try bunning! :)

Merry Christmas to you! God bless

Vee
http://thehodgepodgefiles.blogspot.com

Dre said...

Thanks for sharing this! I am protective styling for the winter as well! I usually do twists in the winter but this winter I'm just doing buns, twist-outs, and half-wigs/homemade quickweaves on the weekends.

ChicBrie said...

No Problem! Protective styling is always a plus for any kind of hair! Thanks for commenting!

Kiwi..x said...

Thanks, i didn't actually know i needed to protect my hair i the winter. Thanks for the post

Kiwi..x

ChicBrie said...

Yes you do! The cold air drys your hair which causes breakage. Glad you learned something my dear!

Dre said...

I'm always in protective styling mode! Especially until I get to my goal of MBL hair :) During the winter, it is imperative that we protect our hair for reasons that you have stated before. I will be sharing more about my hair journey on my blog as well so stay tuned!

Thanks for sharing :)

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog love! defl loving the different hair styles you suggested!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Protective styles are always great & more so in the winter. Great tips.
Ps. I tagged you in a post http://www.glamnolabelz.com/2012/01/tag-random-blogger-tag.html

Ugena Moses said...

Thanks for all the protective styling ideas. I've been natural for almost 2 years now. I've been following your blog for a while and have been awaiting new posts since this one. Hope you're doing well! Praying for you!

ChicBrie said...

THANK YOU LADIES!@ UGENA! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I AM DOING JUST FINE! I HAVE JUST HAD A LOT GOING ON! I'LL BE BACK SOON!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...