Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chic Style: Mina


 Hello Everyone,
    I have been talking about style features for a while and I am pleased to announce Church Girl Chic's first style feature Mina. 






" I'd describe my style as old school glamour mixed with a bit of modern moxie. It is always my endeavor to conduct myself like a lady in style, conversation and demeanor"

 "I draw inspiration from so many different places. It could be someone I see on the street, in a magazine or one of my siblings. However, I'm obsessed with all things vintage so most of my style inspiration is drawn directly from the fierce mistresses of the silver screen. I watch all sorts of old movies and television shows from "How to Marry a Millionaire" and "Stormy Weather" to 'Dick Van Dyke'. Women like Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, Lauren Bacall and Betty Grable along with Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe are so fascinating to watch and their wardrobes were simply stunning. Sometimes I even watch with the t.v. muted so I can study the style of what I'm watching and drink it in."
"Modesty is actually one of the reasons I've always been so attracted to old school glamour. I loved that these women could be perceived as beautiful even when they had no skin exposed. In my opinion, modesty should come from within. Modesty shows those around us that we are so comfortable in our own skin that we care enough to cover it and trust that our true beauty will shine through"

 "I'd like to add that style isn't what you wear that's new or current. Style should be a reflection of who you are and contain unique elements that are undeniably you. Your style is your greeting and your signature: the first thing others see when they encounter you, and the last thing they see when you leave. What does your style say about you? You should always be satisfied with your answer :)"


Isn't Mina's style lovely?  If you want more of her wonderful looks you can check her out on 

Facebook and Instagram!

Contact info: 
Facebook: Mina Thomas 

Instagram: @glamourous_1

Much Love and God Bless!

Crystal 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...