Thrifting is just buying used clothes, and I am here to give you ladies a few tips to make you thrifting adventures the best that they can be!
1) Be Humble- A lot of people love nice, quality clothes, however, they think that they have to be bought at Saks,Macy's, Neimans, etc. And believe me those are very nice places to buy clothes, but it is also not bad to buy used clothes. When contemplating about going thrifting, do not go because it is "in" but go because you want to find, cheap, quality, stylish clothes. Do not go in hiding praying to God that no one sees you! Just say, "hey I am here to be guaranteed a deal!".
2) Have Enough Time- When you are thrifting you want to make sure that you have enough time to look through everything because you never know what you may find!
3) Go in knowing what you are looking for- If you do not do this then you are going to be looking forever, and spending way more then what you expected because thrifts have good finds! When thrifting at least have an idea.
4) You are not limited!- Just because you buy a piece one way does not mean you have to wear it that way! You can add or take way! It is your world! Do what you want to do!
5) Good Neighborhoods- I hate saying this but I have to say it. A lot of quality clothes would be in in middle to upper class neighborhoods. When I go I go out of the city to buy good finds!
6) The bigger the better- I love going to larger thrift stores because of the number of options.
7) Just say thank you- You don't have to tell everyone where you got you look, so forget the "Oh by the way I spent five dollars for the entire look!" Just say thanks!
8) Be prepared to leave empty- You are not always going to find what you are looking for so don't put your hopes so high!
9) Ask!- Ask when they are having new shipments! Most people will tell you if they have new things in the back, and when they will be out, and they will also tell you when their new shipment will be in! This way you can get what you are looking for before everyone else even knows that new things are in.wink wink!
10) Wash before wear!- This is important because everyone does not wash their clothes before they are given way, plus you never know what happens to the clothes before you buy them. It would also be a good thing to get a good dry cleaners.
Have fun thrifting !